This blog


is a display of some of my oil paintings and drawings over the last two and a half years.
To view things in the order of their completion start at the bottom and work up. The paintings on the first page were all done in 2011 and all feature skulls. A skull offers the artist a portrait subject, a still life subject and even elements of a landscape--endless fascination.





Saturday, August 13, 2011

I found inspiration for these while looking at Picasso and Braque's synthetic cubism.  They were being playful and often included guitars and part of the French word "jouer" meaning to play.  I switched to the Italian "giocare", to play, and turned the skull into guitars.  I used a more primitive style than normal, just as Braque and Picasso did.  On the first I also pasted a bit of newprint as they did.




 Goatar  11 x 14"







Goatar II  11 x 14"

1 comment:

  1. I think these are really inspired and unique....keep em comin!

    ReplyDelete

Followers